About me...

I recently moved to Stafford, VA. I've lived in many places around the country, several with big food scenes.

Am I a foodie? Not quite. I don't have a very refined palette. I don't really eat at that many fancy places. I just like what I like.

Join me as I figure out what I like to eat around here!

Most people follow me on Facebook.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mango Juice

No... mango juice isn't a new restaurant that you haven't heard of. You know that one food or drink you could have all the time? No matter what your mood or what you are eating, you will always jump on the opportunity to have some? Well for me it's mango juice.

Sure there are great ethnic stores in Woodbridge... and less great ones in Fredericksburg... but what about here in good old Stafford? Never fear... great mango juice is here!

My first hint that there was real mango juice in Stafford was when I went to Bloom and saw a brand I recognized from ethnic stores... Looza! I was excited, but less excited when I saw the price. $5 a bottle? Really? Once in a while there was a sale and there were 2 for $6 but that's still a lot. The sturdy glass bottles say they hold 4 servings but you know that really means 3. Still, as my only choice, I picked up a couple bottles every now and then when there was a sale.

Whoever named this company is a real Looza

In the ethnic food aisles of all the grocery stores, there are many different brands of mango juice at pretty low prices. Some are as low as $1 a carton for the same amount of juice that you find in the Looza bottles. I tried many of them and was really disappointed. Ceres is the worst, by the way. I couldn't even finish the carton. Still, I kept trying... and I finally found awesome mango juice at Giant for $1 a carton!!

Yummy

So, there you have it, folks. Yummy mango juice at reasonable prices in Stafford. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment