About me...

I recently moved to Stafford, VA. I've lived in many places around the country, several with big food scenes.

Am I a foodie? Not quite. I don't have a very refined palette. I don't really eat at that many fancy places. I just like what I like.

Join me as I figure out what I like to eat around here!

Most people follow me on Facebook.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Icing

I love cake. I mean... most people do... but I really REALLY love cake! When the whole cupcake craze started, I was all for it. After all, what is a cupcake except a personal sized cake with a higher frosting to cake ratio? I've had cupcakes from well known places like Magnolia, Cake Love, Georgetown Cupcakes, etc. Fear not, fellow Staffordians... Staffordites? You don't have to travel to New York or even D.C. to get great cupcakes! We have them right here!

When I first moved here, I did a search of nearby restaurants and stores and I found The Icing. The location is really convenient because it is close to the 95 exit on Courthouse so it is a perfect place to stop when you are going somewhere.

The first time I tried the cupcakes there, I was expecting them to be pretty average. Boy was I wrong!! The cupcakes there are AWESOME! My favorite are the Classic ones which are white cupcakes with chocolate buttercream. The cake was moist and perfectly sweet without being overly sticky. The buttercream was an amazing consistency and had a chocolate flavor that could quell even the most monstrous cravings!

They have standard flavors that they offer every day and then a rotating schedule of special flavors that you can read about here.  They occasionally have open houses which sound amazing, but I haven't been to one yet. Apparently, the one coming up this Saturday will have up to 15 types of cake to try! Proceeds go to the Fredericksburg SPCA.

The Icing also has cakes, pies, bread, and other baked goods... but really... if I have a choice between cupcakes and anything else... you know what I'm going to choose.

I'll post pictures here the next time I grab some cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment