About me...

I recently moved to Stafford, VA. I've lived in many places around the country, several with big food scenes.

Am I a foodie? Not quite. I don't have a very refined palette. I don't really eat at that many fancy places. I just like what I like.

Join me as I figure out what I like to eat around here!

Most people follow me on Facebook.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Coming Soon!

There are a few places coming soon that I am really excited to try out.

Zibibbo 73 - A somewhat upscale Italian restaurant located in the Aquia Park Shopping and Professional Center. According to frederickburg.com, it will be a "white-napkin" Italian place. We don't go out for Italian that often, but if it's good, we just might!

Sake Thai and Sushi Bar - I always comment about how two of my favorite types of food, sushi and Thai, are missing in Stafford. Of course, we drive once in a while to Fredericksburg to get some sushi, but I want something close by! This restaurant is supposed to have a wide sushi selection and a Thai chef! It is supposed to have a fireplace and waterfall, which should be interesting. It will be at 65 Dunn Drive, so really close to everything! I can't wait to try it out. If it is decent, it will definitely be added to my list of regular places to go!

Fresh Chops Butcher Shop & Seafood - This is possibly what I am most excited about. This store is going to open in Doc Stone Commons. According to fredericskburg.com, they are going to have things like grass-fed beef and lamb, organic chicken, wild-caught fish and organic eggs. I'm so excited for this! We have lots of regular grocery stores in Stafford, but no specialty shops like this. I can't wait to try out the seafood selection. My husband and I love to cook fish and we have a hard time finding quality fish in the area. I want to go there as soon as it opens!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fresh-Chops-Butcher-Shop-Seafood/153332221378838?v=wall


Here is a link to the fredericksburg.com pages that I got most of the information from:
http://blogs.fredericksburg.com/businessbrowser/2011/02/02/butcher-seafood-shop-coming-to-north-stafford/
http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2010/122010/12242010/594763

No comments:

Post a Comment