About me...

I recently moved to Stafford, VA. I've lived in many places around the country, several with big food scenes.

Am I a foodie? Not quite. I don't have a very refined palette. I don't really eat at that many fancy places. I just like what I like.

Join me as I figure out what I like to eat around here!

Most people follow me on Facebook.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Gelato Cafe

Did you know we had a gelato place in Stafford? I didn't.

After a few rough nights due to my daughter teething and related issues, I was pretty burnt out and ready to do something fun. Even my daughter needed a break and despite having a limited vocabulary, she relayed that message to me by repeatedly asking for her shoes.

A quick Google search brought up Gelato Cafe. It is located in Aquia Park off of Jefferson Davis near the Aquia 95 exit.

Though strangely colorful outside, it is surprisingly modern inside.

Strangely colorful.

Surprisingly modern.



It looks like a great place to meet up with or hang out with friends.

I read on Yelp that the owner gets cranky if you ask for too many samples. I didn't feel like testing that theory since I was out for a fun trip with my daughter after a rough few days. I asked for samples of caramel and chocolate. I liked them both and opted for chocolate. It was enjoyably sweet and lighter than ice cream. You are definitely not going to confuse it with gelato you would find in Italy, but it was really solid and I enjoyed it. It was perfect for the warm day.

Happiness in a cup

A small cup of gelato and a Horizon Organic chocolate milk box came out to $4.99, which is a little high but actually not terrible considering both of those items are usually pretty expensive. I got the chocolate milk for my daughter because she isn't a big fan of ice cream and other frozen desserts. I'm hoping it is a phase she grows out of soon.

I also noted that they had a sugar free (Splenda) flavor, so I will probably come here the next time my family visits because there are a couple people who don't eat sugar.

All in all, I was pretty satisfied with the trip. I highly recommend it as somewhere to try if you are looking for somewhere to go and hang out.

No comments:

Post a Comment