About me...

I recently moved to Stafford, VA. I've lived in many places around the country, several with big food scenes.

Am I a foodie? Not quite. I don't have a very refined palette. I don't really eat at that many fancy places. I just like what I like.

Join me as I figure out what I like to eat around here!

Most people follow me on Facebook.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Thai Orchid

After our last disastrous Thai experience (also known as Sake), I felt like I had to leave Stafford and get something better. I hadn't had decent Thai food in the longest time!! After reading a bunch of good reviews about Thai Orchid, we decided to head over there.

It isn't the closest restaurant in the world... you take exit 158 and it is 3 miles down the road. Still, if you are visiting Woodbridge to go to Wegmans, Potomac Mills, or for some other reason, I highly recommend making the trip. It doesn't look very impressive when you park in front of it. It is in a strip mall (is there anything in Stafford/Woodbridge that isn't?) and next to a Giant.

Inside it is clean and the booths are comfortable. Our waitress was really polite, friendly, and responsive.

My husband and I both got lunch specials. I think there was a choice of appetizer, but we both got spring rolls. They were goooooooood.

So good that I couldn't wait to take a bite before I took the picture 

The sweet sauce to dip the rolls in was yummy, too. I'm not sure about the lame salad on the side, but I'm pretty sure places just put those there for decoration.

I ended up getting a ginger based beef dish and my husband got a basil based chicken dish. They were really good!! They were the way you would expect a regular Thai dish at a decent place to taste! Why can't I just find a NORMAL tasting Thai restaurant in Stafford? Is it that hard to do? They have decent Thai places all over the country, can we please just get one close to home!? </rant>

Yummy Thai food. I can haz at Stafford, pleez?

If anyone knows of a better place closer to home, please let me know. If this place was closer, I know it would become one of our family regulars and I would eat here two or three times a month.

1 comment:

  1. Sunset Thai in Central Park Fredericksburg is really good! It's comparable to the more expensive Tara Thai in Northern VA!

    ReplyDelete